In March 2020, when the COVID cases in India rose, the MyGov Corona Helpdesk Chatbot was developed to inform Indian citizens about different myths and facts about the CoronaVirus. This particular chatbot helped eliminate misinformation regarding the Corona Virus and helped many people access different services in their time of need. However, now the MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot has added a new feature that lets people search for vaccine centers near them and allow them to download their Covid-19 vaccination certificate directly from the WhatsApp chatbot itself.
Considering how vaccination certificates are given importance, as it is essential for traveling, providing aid, and much more. It has become vital for Indian citizens to keep their vaccination certificates handy. With this new feature of the WhatsApp chatbot, people can quickly get access to their vaccination certificates, rather than going through the hassle of logging onto CoWin and downloading the certificate on some isolated file on your smartphone. Additionally, WhatsApp is a platform that is easy to access and used by many Indians.
How to download Covid-19 vaccination certificate through WhatsApp?
- To access the chatbot, initially, you will need to save the MyGov Corona Helpdesk’s WhatsApp number +91 9013151515 on your smartphone.
- Moving on, you’ll need to open the WhatsApp chat box of the chatbot and type in “Download Certificate.”
- After that, the chatbot will send an OTP to your registered mobile number through a text message, and you would need to input that OTP on the MyGov Corona Helpdesk’s WhatsApp chat box.
- After entering the OTP, if you have more than one person registered on the mobile number, the chatbot will specifically ask you which person’s certificate you want to download.
- After selecting the person, the MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot will immediately send you the selected person’s COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate that you could print or save on your phone for future use.
Certificates can also be downloaded from the Aarogya Setu application and CoWin Website. However, making it accessible through WhatsApp streamlines the process. It makes it much easier for Indians to access their vaccination certificate. It will be saved in the chat and would not be difficult to find on the person’s phone, as the person could start it on the chat and easily access it without any hassle.